30 June 2007

Friends and Trophies


Day 5
Weather: Low 70's
Distance: 3.1 miles
Week Total: 18.1 miles
Type: 5K XC Race
Pace: 7:30 per mile

I had a great morning, running in the Charlestown Founders Day 5K in Charlestown State Park. The weather was perfect, 4 other members of SICR ran and as always I had a great time hanging out before and after the race.

Three SICR runners took home trophies. Alicia took home a 2nd place finish in her age group, Frank and Jina both took home 3rd place trophies and door prizes.

It was great to have Chris finally get to join us for a race. GREAT JOB to everyone and a special "Thanks" to Tammy who didn't run this morning, but came out with the kids to cheer for Frank and the rest of us.

While the competitor in me will always have a bad taste in my mouth when I come up short of a prize or goal, the real trophies are my friends.

No comments: