24 June 2007

Time to Get to Work

Well, vacation comes to an end. Tomorrow starts another work week. Also marks a return to the road after minimal running this week. I spent some time thinking about it today, and I'm going to try to use the blog to keep track of my training for fall marathon, and in the process let you see how I fair. I promise to try and keep it entertaining and of some use to anyone else looking to train for a race of any distance.

I have procrastinated too long and currently only 12 weeks out from the Air Force marathon that I had originally hoped to do, I will decide in the next two weeks whether or not I have enough base conditioning to accomplish this time frame or whether to stick with the Louisville Marathon in mid-October.

The alarm will be going off in about six hours, so I'm going to wrap this up. Tomorrow we'll find out how day one goes.

If you're curious about my vacation, I had a blast, with apologies to all, I've got the greatest crew in the world. If I ever win the lottery (helps if you buy a tix, dummy) I can't wait to spend more time hanging out with them. Nothing grand like Disney World this year, but we did manage to get in the Indy Zoo, Caribbean Cove Water Park (at our Hotel), Indy Children's Museum, Holiday World, one cruise on the Ohio River, a day on Patoka Lake, a night at the drive-in movie, eating out every night, a dent in the family van, and a little work on the family SUV (1988 Bronco)to ensure it would make it to Patoka and back.

That's about it, see you tomorrow.

No comments: