19 June 2007

The Trouble with Vacation

Vacation finally arrived. Nothing elaborate, a trip to Indy to see the Zoo and then to the Children's Museum, next up is Holiday World tomorrow.
Only problem, how to fit in my running. We left early Monday, so running wasn't an option, managed 5K on the treadmill this morning at the hotel. Tomorrow we leave late enough that if I don't stay up too late tonight, I should be able to get in 5 or 6 miles. Truth is, not much in the way of motivation, I want to enjoy my vacation. Problem with that is that I have some weight loss goals (related to performance, not vanity, well ok, maybe I'd like to have a six pack ab for once in my life) and running is definitely needed this week to counter the late day peanuts and loaded up salad from Texas Roadhouse, the late night chicken sandwhich, and the bacon cheeseburger, sweet tater fries, and the remnants of my kids' french fries consumed today.
I made the decision after my long run on Saturday and confirmed it with my wife today. I'm going for another marathon in the fall. I'm thinking about the Air Force Marathon in Dayton, OH, mid-September. The Louisville Marathon is flatter and is an option in October, but I've got an itch to maybe do the Air Force and then the trail marathon in Bloomington, IN in early December. Decisions, decisions. Either way I'm going to at least do another one. I have a better base of miles going into this training, but I'll definitely need to get going as soon as this vacation week is over.
I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

That sounds like my eating lately. I ran 3 miles this morning and hope to get a longer one in tomorrow. My problem is ICE CREAM! HA!