06 August 2007

On the Road

I resumed training this morning with a 4 mile easy run. By the time I was done, my legs felt like jelly. It was warm out, despite a 6 a.m. start. But it felt good.

Once I progressed from the 14-16 minute mile pace, covering exactly one mile, and collapsing on the hood of my car, my running has frequently been an opportunity to reflect, reevaluate, and at times vegetate. This morning was no different.

As the first mile rolled by, the previous night's argument with my wife seemed to make little sense (don't tell her I told you we had an argument...oh well, forgot she is one of my limited number of readers). As mile 3 was in the books, I found it even harder to stick to my entrenched opinion. By the end of my run everything was better, well not quite. I'm a stubborn cuss, but 30 minutes of free weights added further insight into the silliness of it all and I relented.

Yes, I called to apologize. I found out that she had been trying to reach me on my cell phone to do the same...dang, if I had just held out a bit longer, I could have won this round.

I'm glad to be back running. My recent cholesterol numbers indicated no need to return to Vytorin, and of course when I'm not being stubborn, I know it's good for my heart in other ways.

Colossians 3:13 (New International Version)
13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

1 comment:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

my, my, my...that sounds familiar!