07 August 2007

K.I.S.S.

I logged another 4 miles this morning, 8 for the week, but if you notice that I'm not listing weather, times, etc., it is because I'm trying to K.I.S.S.

K.I.S.S. or Keep It Simple Stupid, is the approach I'm currently taking. Rather than worry about "Speed Work" or my times, I'm just running. I wore my watch today, but no GPS. I'll get back to that point, but for now, I'm happy to be running, so running is what I'm going to do.

The K.I.S.S. program is currently being utilize at my home also, however, it might best be described as Keep It Simple Sinner in that setting. We have been pretty diligent about our nightly Bible story and prayer with my oldest boy, and in simplifying the stories for him, I've been forced to concentrate on the simple truths that the stories convey. Amazingly, but I guess not surprisingly, "Trusting God" is at the root of nearly every one.

Another aspect of the K.I.S.S. approach is our prayers. Jina and I follow behind him with our own prayers. I keep mine simple in verbage, so he can understand what I am thanking God for and what I'm asking God to help me with. They may not impress anybody on Sunday morning, but somehow they seem more genuine. I'm finding my private prayers are starting to take on a simpler tone as well.

Mark 10:13-16
13People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." 16And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.

No comments: