19 September 2007

Good News/Bad News

Good News, my son gets a fall break, and we're going to head to Roanoke, VA to visit friends and hear a good sermon...there you go Scotty, the pressure is on.

Bad News, we thought fall break was the last week of October, wrong it is the 3rd weekend. This is also the weekend of the Louisville Marathon. Scratch the Marathon.

I have been told that travel to run a race is out of the question, so I'm left with the trail Marathon in December. Not what I planned, but it'll have to do.

4 comments:

Brian said...

I'm absolutely in awe. Really.

To train for a marathon, then ditch it for family is incredible servanthood. I remember telling my family 6 months or more in advance that I'd be doing the Richmond Suntrust Marathon in November and that the date was set in stone. They agreed and I trained towards it from July through November.

It would have been very hard for me to cancel it for a trip somewhere else. Man, I'm sure that was hard for you to do. Way to go- family first. Serving like Christ loved the church and gave himself for her.

Here's to a good trail marathon in Indiana!

Peace,
Brian

James said...

My job interferes with my family life enough as it is. To put the marathon in front of a trip we've been trying to make for a year just didn't seem to make sense.

We have one other possible option that we'll discuss in the next day or so, but for now, I'm going to keep training like I'm going to run and then see where I wind up.

Thanks for your kind words, not sure they're deserved, but thank you.

21k said...

We’re looking forward to your visit. No guarantees on the sermon. Why do you think we take up the offering before the sermon?

Brian said...

You guys take up the offering before the message? Well heck- THAT'S what I'm doing wrong! OH- and I guess I oughtta use the bible occasionally...