23 July 2007

Training Resumed-Day 28

Weather: Indoors
Distance: 3.0 miles
Type: Treadmill Easy Run
Pace: 9:00 min/mi

Now I know why I don't usually quit running, getting started back stinks.
Jet Lag made getting up a bit tough this morning, so I ran after work and hit the weights pretty hard. Something I'm starting to enjoy.

While in Hawaii, Jina and I agreed that we needed to get a few things into shape. Not just our physiques, but also our family, in particular how we interact or lack thereof with our kids, an lastly our spiritual life.

We've committed ourselves to a time of Bible study with our kids (for now the oldest one) prior to bed time each night.

Last night we read the story about Jesus walking on water. Answering my 5 year old's questions forced me to think about the story and simplify it for him to understand, faith is still a little hard for him to grasp, but it was a start. I have a feeling I may learn more than I know doing this nightly.

1 comment:

Todd Benkert said...

It is funny how having to explain things more simply, causes us to think more deeply about the meaning of the Bible's message. I have had the same experience in evangelism lately.

Kudos on starting Bible study with your kids. :-)