08 July 2007

Week 2 Wrap Up

Day 13
Weather: 70
Distance: 9.75 miles
Week Total: 19.25 miles
Type: Slow easy
Pace: 10:13 per mile

I survived a long run Saturday, thankfully I picked up a couple of partners half way through and pushed through some soreness and pain to log some much needed miles.

I seem to be getting better, and I sure am glad. I talked my injury over with a veteran tri and ultra marathon runner. Based on my description, he thought that it could possibly be a sports hernia, WebMD's info pointed in the same direction, and that points toward surgery and six weeks of recovery.

Surprisingly, I think part of my problem might be traced to some broken down shoes. In the past I've gotten some early warning signs from sore knees as it got close to time to replace my shoes, but not this time.

In closing out today's post, I'd like to share a Bible verse that stuck with me this past week.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:34

How many of my burden's and worries do I create myself?

No comments: