05 July 2007

Side Lined and Grounded

Day 11

First for the "side lined" part, my groin injury intensified on Wednesday and I spent most of the day walking gingerly and hurting every time I moved. Some pain medicine and anti-inflamatory meds seemed to have helped get me moving towards recovery, so for now I'm still planning for a long run on Saturday.

Today and tomorrow, I'm going to lift weights in the gym at work, upper body only.

Now for the "Grounded" part. No Air Force Marathon for me this year. Travel for our industry's convention will force travel during that weekend. All is not lost though. I get time to heal, more time to train, and a flatter course for the Louisville Marathon in mid-October, but also a smaller medal.

Silver lining for every cloud, just have to look real close sometimes.

1 comment:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

and tammy and i will be there to run with you! she's not talked me into it yet though!