24 January 2008

Something New

I've added a link in the right hand column under the heading "Water Station". The link is for the "Our Daily Bread Devotionals" website. My mom always got these booklets from church and since I was a kid I've found that they provoked my thoughts and gave me inspiration.

Why the header "Water Station"? Just like a water station in a long race, I always find that even a brief moment with God's word refreshes me and gives me the drive to push on. Unfortunately in life, as I did in last spring's 10 miler and 1/2 Marathon, I tend to push too long without proper hydration and then suffer the resulting pains and diminished performance. If you don't have a steady habit of daily Bible study, take a look, the devotions are short, take 2 minutes to read them and another minute to talk with God, see if you don't feel refreshed and ready to take on life's hills. It's a great antidote to my mindless ramblings.

I've also posted a poll. I'm not going to venture into politics on here, because I'd just tick off the Republicans and Democrats among you. Rather I'm just curious how others might answer the question, "If only one topic/issue differentiated one candidate from another, which one would you consider most important?"

1 comment:

Brian said...

Just for the record, I only voted once!