07 January 2008

It's my choice...

Seems like forever since I've posted. I wasn't sure why I didn't seem to have anything to write. Then this morning it hit me. Things have been going well, but in a mellow sort of way.

Writers, whether talented, or hacks like me, need motivation. That motivation comes from our emotions. Whether writing about the weather, politics, or posting family pics, it's about what you're mad about, passionate about, or even happy and overjoyed about. In any case you want to share it and spread it.

So, for me, I've been pretty mellow lately, niether high nor low, not fired up about anything or overly excited about anything. It's kind of nice. Cruise control.

I've implemented a new workout regimine, but I'm going to give it a month or so to see if it is accomplishing what I want to accomplish, so not much to write in the fitness area. In all honesty, spiritually, I'm on cruise control. At first I was inclined to "kick" myself for being in that state of mind, I'm reaccessing that opinion. I don't plan on staying in cruise control, but for now, just as recovery days allow runners to heal and recuperate, I feel like I'm resting up and recovering spiritually, so I'm not going to push it for now and therefore I don't have an opinion on anything in that category either.

Now after all my rambling, back to the post title. I have a choice each day to make it a good day or a bad day, to smile or frown, to laugh or to grump. Even when my mood swings one way or the other, I can conciously decide how I'm going to be for the day. I had to put that into practice this morning, and to be honest, the first couple of good mornings were fake and over the top, but by the time I got to work, I was feeling pretty good. Nice to know I have a choice. Note to James: Remember that tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.