09 January 2008

Looking for a Leader

Funny, I used to get worked up and agitated about the presidential campaign, now it seems to be a foot note to my busy life. Don't get me wrong I still have opinions and stances to take on issues, but I'm beginning to get a bit jaded and wonder whether it really matters.

Perhaps you're convinced that one or more of the current crop of candidates is destined to lead us to greatness, I'm not. Perhaps you've become so jaded you don't even vote anymore. I'm not, nor do I feel that I'll ever be that disenfranchised. Voting is a right that I'm proud to exercise, because many people died throughout the years to secure and preserve it for me.

Anyway, that's about as political as I'm going to get on this blog. If you've found promise in one of the potential candidates, I'm happy for you. To date, I'm undecided and bored with the whole mess. I'm putting myself to sleep typing this. Hey, doesn't anyone know, Do any of the candidates know how to make ends meet on a middle class salary? What it's like to wonder about your kids future education? Has any of them made a job decision based on the availability, or lack thereof of health care benefits?

That's probably asking too much. At least as Christians we're following a leader who walked in our shoes and leaves us trying to follow in his foot steps.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Hebrew 4:15-16- "For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are-- yet was without sin.
Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." (NIV)

Real change comes from changed hearts, not changed chairs in some mansion on Pennsylvania Avenue. Right on, bro.