16 March 2009

J17W

OK,

You've probably seen the commercials for the P90X program. I've heard good things about it, but for now, I've got 17 days of either no travel or travel that should allow me to focus on a)eating enough good calories to support muscle gain and b)access to enough equipment to lift in quantity and in quality.

So, I'm starting the J17W plan as of this morning. After 2 years of watching what I eat, it is actually kind of tough to switch to eating an increased calorie load to hopefully fuel some muscle gain.

Today's diet so far = Oatmeal w/ dried fruit and bannana before heading to the gym. A protein bar (30g of protein) after, Ham and Cheese sandwhich, fresh broccoli (uncooked) and 2 celery w/ peanut butter, afternoon was a Power Bar (smoothie flavor-nasty, but cheap on clearance) and an apple. My notes give me an estimated 1320 calories before dinner. I'm guessing I need to get up to around 3000 per day minimum, especially with burning between 400 and 600 doing cardio each morning. Yes I know I should probably drop the cardio to two days a week, but I'm more concerned about keeping my heart healthy than gaining mass, so either I'll figure out a way to do both, or I just want gain.

I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

good luck! you are always up to something.......:)