17 March 2009

American Idol

OK,



Have to vent. As a country music fan, I was mortified by some of the performances, but I came away with one burning question.



Why did I hear the Ozzy Osbourne/Boy George impersonator sing a classic accompanied by Indian Scitars, while the guy who appears to be Indian turned in as very strong performance in flawless English?



Actually, none of this is relevant or important, but I had to ask. It is disappointing that they allowed some iconic, classic songs be butchered without comments like....



"Yo, Dawg, you know if you're going to do a Whitney song, well, Dawg, look, you know, I mean can't nobody sing it like Whitney, so you know, you just shouldn't go there, I mean, you know Dawg it just ain't a safe bet..."



Same can be said in country music for Dolly, Patsy, Willie, and Johnny.



Next week, perhaps we'll get to hear pop music versions of Back in Black, You Shook Me, Pink Houses, Jump, and Walk this Way.



I probably should travel again, staying at home and watching this stuff is turning my mind to mush. As evidenced by this blog post.



G'night!

5 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

ha ha! you should have watched biggest loser!

Brian said...

Biggest Loser is best when accompanied by a carton of ice cream and a bag of chips...

James said...

I love the concept of biggest loser.

Take people who are in desperate need of support, and when you've got them up and going in the right direction.

Push 'em off a cliff...

Got to love it!

Forget the show, go to your local Golden Corral any weekend. Honestly, we quit going, it was hard to watch and enjoy your meal...is that mean?

Anyway, now it's the CiCi's pizza buffet. Not much can deter me from enjoying pizza in massive quantities.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

we don't go to golden corral either....even cici's can be hard! i can't help it.....

James said...

I like going to a pizza buffet. If I allow myself, not much chance you can find anyone who'll put down more than me.

That's my vice. Pizza.

We had to answer a question for a ice breaker at a meeting..What would your last meal be?

I decided to risky to pick steak, etc. What happens if you get a bad cut, or it isn't cooked right? Your last meal wouldn't be so great.

Instead I said give me a Pizza Buffet. Besides, imagine the mess I'd make for 'em when the old body shut down....eeewwwww!