25 July 2008

Running, Biking, Sprints and Circuit Training

All have been part of my regimen this week. My bike rides have been tame affairs, a four miler with the family, with me getting the added benefit of pulling 60 lbs of 3 year olds up the the hills. I also threw in a trip to the grocery store and then back with a fully loaded trailer. Finally then a quick ride to return some movies. Not exactly Lance Armstrong, but on top of my other morning workouts, I'm feeling it.

I ran sprints again this morning and held up well. I run the sprints after completing a circuit training routine, starting with my legs, then chest, shoulders, arms, and finally abs.

The sprints paid off tonight. I played a double header, for the softball team that picked me up as a fill in, and found that my fast twitch muscles responded much better to my demands and requests than they have in previous games. Besides, I'm warped and find the agony of the sprints a challenge.

I'm off to bed (it's 12:30), no work tomorrow, we are headed back to my families hometown in Georgia after the death of my Uncle's wife. (Yes, it is technically my Aunt, but he married late in life and I wasn't around her very much, so it is difficult for me to relate to her as my "aunt") That likely means no long runs this weekend, and also no posting for several days, which is either a good thing or a bad thing. That's up to you guys/gals to decide.

Take care, keep exercising, and will post again when I get back.

No comments: