04 June 2008

Well what do you know?

As I sit here waiting for bad weather to pass so that we can hit the road for a trip to Holiday World (our favorite theme park) for two days of camping and fun, I double checked the Run for the L of it results and...

I placed 31st overall, by far my best finish other than the 20-30 runner Utica 5K and I won my age group. Yeeeaaaaa!

Yes I know that in my last post I said I didn't care and was happy I PR'd, but I did send an email to see if I could get my certificate mailed to me. So I guess I do care a little.

Correction: Alicia's official time was much better than I posted, it must have taken longer than I thought for me to get to where I could see the clock. Nice Job Alicia, official result was under 28 mins.

NOTE: Took my oldest to see Prince Caspian yesterday. Great Movie! Fun to sit and pick out the events and people that conveyed or correlated to a Christian message. I've got to read the book!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful visit with us -- this is the best time to visit!

(No I'm not a stalker; since you mentioned us, your post came to me as a Google Alert.)

Mir said...

Congrats on the AG win! That's very different from squeaking in third place. I hope you can get the "proof" mailed to you. Great job!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

WOW! Great job James! (you know tammy is talking me into the marathon next spring.....we'll see!)

Bev said...

You rock! What a great surprise for you.