08 June 2008

Back on Track

The KDF Marathon is behind me. I managed a PR and age group award at a decent sized race, but other than that, my running/training has been on hiatus. That ends tomorrow. It's back to the gym and roads with some new goals.

1) Lean out. No I don't think I'm fat. But I am on the upper end of the BMI scale for my height and I'm around 12% body fat. My goal is to get that down around 10% and shave off around 5 to 7 pounds.

2) Return to a more structured training format. My recent 5K performance has gotten me to thinking about getting faster.

3) Get a jump on training for the Louisville Marathon, with my eye on cracking the 4 hour barrier.

I'll likely be making some changes to the side bar of this blog, possibly lifting the on-line training log used by Mir and linked on her sight, "bittersweetsymphony".

Speaking of my side bar, I got to add a new place to my places run list. Santa Claus, Indiana. I ran a hilly 30 minute run through the campground and out to check out the nearby shopping center while we were camping at Lake Rudolph.

Yes that is really the town's name. No it isn't a recent publicity stunt name change. Here is the story behind the name, as told by Paul Harvey.

http://www.hohoholdings.com/schistory.htm

Vacation is over, gone are the numerous hamburgers I ate. The pizza I consumed is history. The ice cream and multiple trips to the buffet's dessert section are mere memories.

Back to the grind! Stay tuned and I'll let you know how it's going.

2 comments:

Mir said...

Yes, RunningAHEAD is a wonderful free site. I love it. Eric, the guy who runs the site, is working on a major update, basically a new version of the log, which will be out soon, so it will get even better!

Bev said...

I bet you get that under 4 goal. Good luck!