10 April 2008

Ready for Rest and Looking Ahead

I've logged about as many miles as I can to get ready of the KDF Marathon. An easy run tomorrow and 14 or 15 on Saturday, and the taper begins. I'm ready for it. my legs have not recovered fully from the 22 miler on Saturday, the miles and less than ideal sleep have exacted their toll.

Despite the aches, stiffness, and fatigue, I am starting to get that nervous twitch, that uneasy air and edginess. You'd think I was planning to run in the lead pack, or that I thought I could come close to qualifying for Boston. Not a chance at either. My goal is to run a sub 4 hour race. Scotty paced me and had me on track for a 4:04 at the Akron in 2006, but he handed off to his relay partner at mile 15 and I hit the wall at mile 23.

I've got more miles in this go around, but the 22 miler got tough at around mile 17 the other day. Hopefully on fresher legs I can accomplish my goal. Barring any injury or illness, I'm ready to go. As I write this, I'm actually thinking ahead to my post race meal, Wick's Pizza with (I hope) friends and family.

It seems sleep is beckoning so...yawn...have a great day...zzzzzzzzzz

No comments: