22 April 2008

If you see me at the race, say hello

Well I noticed by the map that a handful of folks who don't know me stop in occasionally, and I know that at least one person who only knows me from this blog is running the KDF Mini-Marathon on Saturday, sooo...

Here's the shirt I'll be wearing.

The flash makes it look red, but it's actually maroon. The front is embroidered with ...

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the
faith. 2nd Timothy 4:7

The back has the phrase...

How far will your legs carry you today?

The picture on the back has the distance from a wall to a cross marked as 600 meters. The estimated distance Christ travelled outside the city walls to reach the likely location of his crucifixion.

My wife had it made up for me to run my first, and to date only, marathon.

Anyway, if you see me, say hello!

6 comments:

Mir said...

James, I will keep an eye out for you! :)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

cool! i like it! mine says, "running for two". i tried to find an arrow to point to my belly but i couldn't find one. it is white with red letters, kind of looks like last year's shirt.

Brian said...

Great shirt! Mine (virtually, since I don't have it and won't be running the marathon) says, "I run in the path of your commands, for your have set my heart free." (Ps.119:32). Look for my in spirit. Be sure to wave. (It'll get you funny looks from people who want to know what you're waving at.)

Oh- fun game to play while running a marathon: Gummy Bear Roulette. Take 7 gummy bears. From mile 20- mile 26, but the head off a gummy at each mile marker. The one who is intact at the end survived the game.

Yeah, I know- I need professional help. But the idea actually came from a guy I ran a marathon with. So...he needs the help!

Seriously- I hope you have a great race! Can't wait to hear the race report.

- Brian

James said...

Brian,

I know from last time, as a middle of the pack runner, any distraction from 20-26 is a welcome one.

I might just pick seven of different colors and eat them without looking. Winner is the last one standing and I get a few carbs.

Thanks for the idea!

James

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

i think that sounds like a good a good way to pass the time...no matter how long the run is! maybe i'll try it on saturday...maybe from miles 1-13? ha!

Brian said...

Glad I could help :-) Hope you both have great races!!!

- Brian