24 April 2008

My Five Minutes of Fame and Last Post Before Race

The local AM news station's afternoon DJ is a runner, and has a call in spot on his show for people to call in and tell them what exercising they did today.

I tried my luck today and guess what? Yep, my call was selected and I got to talk on the radio about my plan to run the full marathon, blah, blah, blah....

Oh yeah, I also won a gift certificate to a shoe store, good because mine will be pushing replacement mileage after the marathon, but bad because it's not to my usual store, and a gift certificate to a local pizza place.

Anyway not much else to talk about. The "healing" that takes place during taper has stopped hurting and my legs aren't sore every morning now. My mind is starting to focus in on the race.

I picked up my race packet today, time to write out a quick to do/check list for tomorrow, eat a pasta dinner and then "get r done".

Good Luck everyone! I'll hopefully have something to say Saturday night.

Hebrews 12:1 (New International Version)

God Disciplines His Sons 1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

1 comment:

Bev said...

Go get 'em! I look forward to the race report.