02 December 2007

Aloha

If you notice my miles are up this week, it's hard not to run here. Yep, after 37 years, I've now made three trips to Hawaii in 6 months. Up until today, lack of daylight hours and work have combined to keep me from seeing much beyond the streets of Waikiki and my hotel room. Today my local manager ran me across the mountains to Oahu's North Shore and the windward (West) side of the island.

This morning there were runners everywhere. A lot of locals and tourists today. One local group had 30 people on their training run. At another time I shared the sidewalk with a group of 7 or 8 other runners running together. Wow, if it weren't for all the runners I saw in New York and Hawaii, our national obesity rate might be pushing 40%...LOL.

I am sitting here at 8 pm HST trying to decide whether to run up Diamond Head Crater or spend $30 to sign up and run a 5k in the morning. Fun part, I've got to run 2+ miles from my hotel to the starting line, and then 2 miles back. I'll keep you posted.

Banzai Pipeline

Me at Banzai Pipeline

More big surf on the Windward Side

No comments: