19 November 2007

Whiny Gym Rat

I think it has been a month or more since I logged miles on the road. The cost of our Y membership along with the chance to get in my cardio and lift weights has kept me motivated to hit the treadmills and weight benches every morning. Well there was the one morning on our all but forgotten home treadmill/expensive wall art.

I'm still logging a minimum of 3 miles per week, but weight training has become a bigger component of my training. All of which might do me some good if I could begin to exercise some discipline in my eating.

Tomorrow should find me on the road. The Fairfield Inn's fitness equipment doesn't look to promising, so I'll probably pound some pavement.

It has been interesting and comforting to see a lot of God's blessings during the past couple of weeks. While my mood, and that of my family, has been melancholy following my mom's stroke, the prognosis today added hope that she may be out in time to spend Christmas with us. This capped a week which saw my son go hunting with me for the first time, ok we sat in the woods for 35 minutes after doing some bush hogging for my dad, but he did a great job being quiet and showing patience. Perhaps I should have known all along, but my wife's graciousness, and love for my parents really became apparent this past week. (Thanks Jina).

I've ran and exercised the past couple of weeks, but to be honest my heart hasn't been into it. Who knows, maybe tomorrow. I've got to get back on track. It's time to try to recruit some more suckers...er...I mean folks to train for the KDF Mini Marathon, or another race, but right now I'm having trouble motivating myself.

Alright, enough whining and crying, the more I type, the more I don't like the way I'm sounding. Stop the introspection, head down, push ahead...

1 comment:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

tammy and i are getting a group of people together that want to run the triple crown and the mini at school. i think there are a few going to do the polar bear grand prix too! you should join! i am getting pumped up about it now that it isn't so hot that i feel like i am going to die! tammy and i did 4 1/2 this past saturday morning. wanna run this week?