12 November 2007

Not a whole lot to say.

Seems like it is easier to maintain my running schedule when I was on the road, than the past 2 weeks at home. At home seems like something is always going on or needs done. On the road I take time to run, because it's about the only thing to do except hang out in my room or hit the bars, niether of which rank very high on my "must do list".

Been a busy couple of days, had to get the RV packed away. No, I don't make that much money, it's a 1975 model. Clean, runs well, ugly on the outside and interior screams 1970's, but the kids love it. How can you argue with that. Also, winterized the boat. Throw in my trip north of Chicago, a very late Friday night at the office, my Mom in the hospital, and it's been a bit chaotic.

Ok, enough about my life, we all live hectic ones. I resumed running tonight. 3 miles on a treadmill at the YMCA in downtown Des Moines. Usual rust to shake off, but other than being on the treadmill, it felt good. Tomorrow morning I'll get in a few more miles and some weights. It feels good to get back into the swing of things.
I can't wait to get an opportunity to run with my SICR friends again. It's been too long since we hooked up for a run.

4 comments:

Brian said...

How's the body doing?

Sorry to hear about your mom. How can I pray for her?

I liked your post on compartmentalization. Esp. because it fits well with the error of compartmentalizing that most of us make. You know- "I can look at online images and it won't affect the rest of my walk with Jesus or relationship with my spouse, etc." Or- "I can harbor bitterness and unforgiveness and still be a good person who follows Christ."

It's impossible to compartmentalize a life with secret sins because every area affects the others.

A pastor friend of mine used to say that the horizontal relationships (people) affect my vertical relationship (God). And my vertical relationship (God) affects my horizontal relationships (people). If I'm not right with God, my relationships are affected. If I'm not right with people, my relationship with God is affected. (Matthew 6:14-15 and Galatians 5:22-23).

OK- preachers are long-winded. Sorry! I haven't blogged much lately. I must have stored up too much blogging material!

Peace,
Brian

James said...

Thanks Brian. My mom suffered a stroke which has affected her left side. She was moved yesterday to a rehab facility. Prayer wise, I'd say patience and strength,she's fiercly independent, strength for my dad, and primarily God's will.

That's always a tough pill when his will might not be mine, but if I keep saying it, perhaps I live it.

Body is feeling banged up, not sure why after a week off. Some nagging injuries in tender areas may require another trip to the doctor.

Thanks for your comments on compartmentalizing. Very valid points, nothing for me to add!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

sorry to hear about your mom! daniel, sam, and i will pray for her!

James said...

Thanks Alicia. That's the great thing about Christian friends, it doesn't feel so lonely when you face bumps and hurdles in life!