29 November 2007

40,000 Christmas Dinners

At our local Kroger grocery stores you can, for $25 dollars, provide one of the Salvation Army Angel Tree families with Christmas dinner.

For the $1 million Michael Vick put up to take care of or destroy 54 pit bulls, involved in his case, you could make Christmas special for 40,000 human families. If you call a family 3 people, that's a positive impact on 120,000 people.

Sorry, I love animals, but since I've had to put down animals of my own, when it was the correct thing to do, I just can not put 54 dogs ahead of humans. Heck, around here Habitat for humanity could have built at least 10 homes.

Just doesn't add up to me, but I guess it made sense to somebody.

2 comments:

Brian said...

No, you're right. Priorities are all out of whack these days.

Still praying for your mom. Hope she finishes rehab soon and returns home. Sorry you and your family are having to go through this.

Peace,
Brian

James said...

Brian,

Thanks for the prayers. She is looking at about 2 more weeks of rehab.

James