19 September 2008

Updates

Updates on different fronts:

1)Fitness: Much of my training has been replaced with physical labor during storm clean up. With tree and limb removal in downtown Louisville on Monday and Tuesday, and clearing the creek in the easement behind our house on Wednesday, I skipped those days. Ran Thursday and Friday mornings and will either do more tree work on Saturday or play in a Softball Tourney or both.

2)Nutrition: Ha Ha, yeah right! Pizza buffet twice this week for lunch. (Monday and Tuesday)

3)Life: Power is still out at the house. We have a generator running (outdoors!, Amazing to me that they have had over 100 CO related cases at local hospitals and one death. Don't people a) read, and b) pay attention to broadcast warnings...guess not...I'm not cold hearted ya'll...it is a tragedy.) We've spent more time talking to different neighbors this week than we have in the past 3 years. Offering up space in our garage fridge for all kinds of peoples necessities, from Beer to Insulin. Hopefully by tomorrow we are up and going, but if not, it could be worse.

Nothing much more to write about, and I really should get to work. Toying with the idea of doing a trail marathon in December, but to properly train, I'll need to drive about 15 minutes up the road to do my long runs in a state park. Not sure I can get motivated to carve out the additional time from an already packed schedule.

Take care and continue to pray for those in Houston. We took a hit here, they got flat "knocked out!"

5 comments:

danraymac said...

while i shouldn't judge....but common sense should really prevail in the whole generator outside the house thing. i'm sure people laugh at me for stupid things that i do!

James said...

Hey, I'll admit I've done some dangerous and stupid stuff, but typically there was/is a calculated risk, not a certainty of death. I really do feel for the family of the deceased though. It's not like the decision was motivated out of greed or anger. Just a bad decision that wound up fatal.

Bev said...

Hope your power is now up. Let's hope this is the last major storm of the season.

EHBC Staff said...

Your comment on reading the instructions and listening to the warnings would also work for the Bible and the Holy Spirit.

Most of the stupid things I do is when I don't listen or obey them.

James said...

Hey Chris,

You're right on that one. I'm way to bad about going about life the same way I go about putting together my son's newest toy. Who needs instructions?

And yes, I usually find out I've taken twice as long and way too many headaches. I should learn to read the manual.