17 February 2008

Starting over...

  • Exercise long enough and you'll have to reaccess where you're at and start
    down a different path to reach new goals.
  • Live long enough and you'll have to reaccess where you're at and start down
    a different path to reach new goals.
  • Believe long enough and you'll have to reaccess where you're at and start
    down a different path to reach new goals.

  • In each case, it usually requires starting over, trying a new approach to an old problem, or sometimes that new way is just slowing down and taking things a day or a step at a time.

    If you frequent here often enough, you've probably noticed it has been a few days since I changed the miles on my log, much less posted. Last Tuesday night I suffered a bought with a still unknown illness, awake most of the night with nausea, but spared the usual results. The next day I was drained, exhausted and nauseous. As I type this, I still find myself fatiquing easily and not feeling the greatest in the digestive trac.

    Being sick on the road had the effect of compounding the affects of being away from my family for the majority of the past 4 weeks and having nothing but guarded conversations with virtually everyone I speak to. I fit the descriptor many of our mothers have used over the ages when addressing our continued misbehavior. I was "Sick and Tired". You name it, and I was fed up with it. Work, people, family, God.

    So where am I at today, or tonight rather? I made the decision today that I had to start over. I had the right to make the choices that impact my life, then our pastor delivered another sermon written specifically for me, although others got to hear it and learn from it, I hope no one starts feeling as though he is only interested in a select few members. I'm just now learning that God put my name on one of the books of the Bible to make it easy for me to find the lessons I need to hear.

    Decision #1 today was to not ruin another day with my family. I didn't, they didn't, and we had a blast at lunch and then at the mall, and then visiting my mom and dad. Decision # 2 is to take one day at a time and do my best to be patient and give God time to work things out in our lives. There are more decisions to make, more choices, but hey it's a start, and when you don't like what you see in the mirror, starting over is the only choice.

    No comments: