22 October 2007

Writer's Block

It has been a bit of a crazy week. I've been in a bit of a "fog" when it comes to running. I've been getting to the gym, and had a good workout today, but nothing has sparked any training notes that I think might be useful.

On the Faith front, we went camping Saturday, and missed Sunday morning worship at church. Instead, we had a family worship time while sitting in the camper waiting for the morning to warm up. It was a good time. We prayed, Jared made up a song on the spot for a solo (wasn't too bad, maybe a little off theologically, but hey he's only 6, and I've heard or read worse from trained theologians), we read a scripture passage and reviewed it, sang a song as a family, closed with prayer and then proceeded with celebrating the day together.

On the home front, my wife has taken offense to my "Old Lion" syndrome. She won't admit to it, but it's obvious. First she informed me that my new vehicle was still a family mover, and didn't help me at the gym. I fixed her and put the kiddo's car seat in the back when it's not needed. So she decides the best thing to do is to take the Trailblazer from me. Knowing that her scheme will not work while she is still in possession of the mini van, she proceeds with a plan to have her van rear ended and put out of commission. This forces me back into the old Bronco and squashes any chance of impressing the young lionesses. The jokes on her though. At the time of morning I'm going to the gym there's not any young lionesses around. If the mini van is done for, maybe a Mustang will do the trick....shhhhh! Don't tell her. Would it be unethical to take a sledge hammer to the rest of the van just to be sure? Just kidding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny. Thanks for the laughs
Chris and Shelia