26 October 2007

The 5 minute Blog

Shout out to the girl next to me at the Gym today, mid 20's, prime candidate for all weight related illnesses, her run speed was my cool down walk speed, but she kept at it. I hope she sticks with it, but for today's effort, my hat's off to her, and in the words of that great tv show, "Hee Haw", "SALUTE!"

Headed to Roanoke in about 30 minutes. A new place to run, if the weather holds. A chance to run with a good friend (or at least a trip to the gym), and a chance to catch up. For the record, Pinocchio had a cricket for a conscience, I had Scotty for several years. You remember when Pinocchio turns into the donkey. Scotty helped me from being too big of "the Biblical name for a donkey". Except for once or twice on the church league basketball court.

Great song set for pushing a circuit training session hard.
Whiskey for My Men, Beer for My Horses - Toby Keith- "Because Justice is the one thing you should always find..."
Won't Back Down - Tom Petty- Fear NO Weights
Right Now - Van Halen - "Right now there's no tomorrow, right now it's everything..."
Why Can't This be Love - Van Halen - No, that's not what I was asking the girls at the gym! Just a good beat.
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison - Great song to walk with a little pride and swagger after defeating the dreaded weights.

A verse to ponder: (bold emphasis is mine)
Deuteronomy 12:7
7 There, in the presence of the LORD your God, you and your families shall eat and shall rejoice in everything you have put your hand to, because the LORD your God has blessed you.

Have a good weekend. Hope to have something to say Sunday night!

James

1 comment:

Brian said...

"Justice is the one thing you should always find..."

I don't want justice, man. Just mercy.

Van Halen's "Right Now" and "Why Can't This Be Love" are rocking songs. How about their "Standing On Top of the World?"

I know you won't catch this till you get back, but I hope you enjoy our Valley. The sun just came out for the weekend. Your timing is impeccable.

Peace to and your family,
Brian