03 January 2009

Setting 2009 Goals

I've decided that marathon training does not mesh well with my current preferred excercise regimen, nor am I inclined to sacrifice that much time and energy from my family right now, so it will be the Mini-Marathon this spring and a time goal for motivation.

At some point I need to move back to logging some miles on the road, but currently the ability to transition from run to weights, completing both routines in about an hour, is keeping me on the treadmill. Of course life takes its toll also, I got in an 8 miler today, interspersed with changing movies in the dvd player, getting a kid dressed (the other is still running around in his PJs), etc.

I will likely do the Triple Crown series, but doubtful if I'll commit time and resources to any of the remaining two Polar Bear Grand Prix events. Right now 2009 has to be about setting and maintaining some priorities, and right now racing is pretty low on the totem pole.

Anyway, not much of a post, just some random thoughts on this Saturday afternoon...off to run errands...

No comments: