23 November 2008

Blogging????

It is with a heavy heart that I type this blog tonight.

Tragedy has struck our family and my mother-in-law is clinging to her life tonight.

My wife and her siblings have already stared down one tough decision and at least one more may lay ahead.

Even when trying to write seriously on this blog, I've enjoyed the process of writing, and have really enjoyed the times I've been able to poke fun and kid around as I attempted to be humorous and witty. Saying that, the seriousness of the situation we currently face makes such frivolity seem inappropriate, and so I will step away from blogging for awhile.

I will decide tonight whether or not I will continue to run through this time. I want to, but also know that taking care of my kids, supporting my wife, and handling necessary work items will require time and energy, and conserving it might be wise, as we face a marathon, not a sprint.

I will continue to read the blogs that many of you write, and I know that at some point it will feel appropriate to return to this medium.

For those of you who visit and know me personally, feel free to drop me an email and I will, if you so desire, give you more information. To each of you that visit, I will unabashedly request your prayers for my mother-in-law, and her family. We want healing, they need strength, but most of all, we know to whom my mother-in-law belongs and know that ultimately God's will, will be fulfilled. We may not like the outcome, but I pray that we accept it with the same faith she has demonstrated during a life filled with personal tragedy.

Keep running, keep living, and if I don't return before the holidays, enjoy them to their fullest.

In Christ,

James

3 comments:

Mir said...

Oh my goodness! I truly hope everything will be all right. Your mother-in-law will certainly be in my thoughts.

I definitely understand how you're feeling about running and blogging. I know running might feel like a selfish, me-first activity at a time like this, but it really does an amazing job of relieving stress and helping you work through your feelings so you can be at your best for your family. Either way though, I know you'll do whatever is best for them. Be strong!!

(((James)))

Anonymous said...

Heidi and I are praying for your mother-in-law and your family.

-- Todd B

Bev said...

James, so sorry for the difficulties. They sure do make you long for heaven. My prayer for your family is that positive growth will come from this negative situation.

Thanks for checking on me a few days ago. I'm well. Just not feeling like writing lately. Maybe after the first of the year I'll be back. Who know.

Take care