05 August 2008

New Training Log

I've changed the information on my training log to show my workouts instead of my total mileage. This will give a better of the type of fitness activities I'm engaging in and if someone is interested, might spark an idea or two to break out of a rut or get started with a new exercise regimen

Lately I have found myself struggling to stay focused on running only, and recent runs felt mundane and boring. I'm trying mix up my training with weight training, sprints, running, plyometrics(jump roping), and bike rides with the family.

On the running front, I'm gearing up for a small 5K in Utica, IN and I haven't completely ruled out a fall marathon, however, I'm battling a hamstring issue deep down in the upper portion of my left leg. Stretching doesn't seem to be helping much and I feel it immediately when I begin a run. If any one has any ideas, let me know, it's becoming very frustrating.

No comments: