12 December 2008

Still a Runner?

That's the question that has been running through my head for several days.

I haven't hit the road for 3 weeks and was only doing so for my long runs for weeks before.

I'm not afraid of the weather, it's just easier to transition from the treadmill to the weights, and I've really begun to have fun with my weight training. I'm not lifting a ton of weight or reps, but I'm seeing results and that always makes it fun.

With all the turmoil recently, racing hasn't crossed my mind.

At some point I'll have to decide whether or not I get serious about running again, whether or not to train for a marathon or see how good I do at the half distance by running the Mini.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.

4 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

you should run the mini with us...just for fun...not time. i know you are like daniel though and was too competitive for that!!! :) i miss our saturday mornings of running!

Brian said...

I used to do 20-milers on the treadmill. I know it's not the same, but you could still get some distance in while in the gym. Of course, you gotta hydrate like mad on a t'mill!

I'm with ya, though. I'm lifting much more know and I like seeing the gains. Now if I could just get some good Mexican steroids like in the old days... OR- I could follow the law and serve Jesus. Hmmm....

James said...

Alicia,

After the first of the year, I want to get back doing some long runs with you guys.

I will likely only do the mini this spring, but you're right, I'll go for time. Not to compete, but just to push myself as hard as I can.

I'll be checking in with you and Tammy after the first of the year to get together to run.

Brian,

Just find a doc who says that HGH will help your knee heal up...which technically I guess it would. Not illegal, now ethically or morally (did I spell that right..oh well.)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

yes, please do! we want to start running with you again. we are running on most saturday mornings. we are going to do 3-5 this saturday. with our schedules that is all we have time for but i am glad to get something in!