13 May 2008

Bits and Pieces

Not much to write.

Life - travel, Little League Parade, yard work, work on our old beater R/V (this was a fun project I wanted to do), and Mother's Day w/ an Ambulance run mixed in (luckily mom didn't need to be transported, just a good scare...silly woman wanting extra attention on Mother's day...I'm kidding, no nasty responses ladies), travel

Running - see above, not much lately. No long run this weekend

Gas Prices - victim # 1 will likely be a cancelled trip to South Bend, IN at the end of the month. I was (and still) comtemplating running the Sunburst Marathon. Mainly for laughs and to say I did it. However, graduation trip to Memphis the week before + ($75 entry fee + gas+room)+trip to Holiday World with the kids while on vacation the next week = a lot of money. So I doubt I'm going.

My fall marathon plans are likely going to be screwed up. The industry conference doesn't fall on that weekend, but a PGA event in Louisville that our company is staffing will likely put all corporate hands on deck to help. So Air Force Marathon may be out yet again, which means I'll likely do the Louisville Marathon in October.

Anyway, back to work here in the "Big Easy", treadmill was cruddy in the hotel, so I'll hit the streets in the morning.

God Bless and take care everyone.

3 comments:

Mir said...

We had to cancel a road trip this past weekend largely because of gas prices. Yuck. If you do end up in South Bend, let me know though!

The Louisville Marathon is on my short list for the fall, so maybe I'll see you there. :)

Brian said...

Nothing worse than a bad motel treadmill. A good run will leave you with shin splints, hurting knees and days recuperating. Good call on the outside run. Hope you have a good one!

Bev said...

Life gets in the way sometimes. Have a good day.