29 May 2009

I'm alive and kickin'

Work, family (fun stuff - like camping), and other priorities have kept me away from the computer (except for work stuff) for a while now.

Looks like will be that way for another couple of months...new managers to hire, old ones to transfer, huge account coming on line in Minneapolis...hectic.

Since last weekend...no respiratory issues. 3 workouts and a 35 minute run outdoors here in Columbia, SC without feeling like I was a fish out of water...perhaps I'm back..

Still lifting and running, but staying very loose in structure, kinda doing what my body tells me it wants to do. Oh and the hammy hasn't been acting up...maybe I'm healed..

Anyway bye for now, hope this finds all well.

Oh and I've made it through the first two books of the New Testament in my effort to read all the way through the Bible. Amazing little tidbits of stories you don't remember or aren't always in the general messages of sermons and Sunday School lessons. Nothing that affects the theology, just little facts. Also, amazing how reading a chapter can set the tone for your whole day.

To that end, finally a use for my "crackberry", www.biblegateway.com mobile friendly site allows me to read the Bible on my "crackberry" at breakfast, or dinner, or airport, or waiting to take off....perhaps these things aren't entirely evil....but, the verdict is still out.

3 comments:

Brian said...

Glad to hear you're doing well. Biblegateway.com is a great site. Love being able to switch versions so easily and compare/contrast.

I'm a simple cell creature- no crackberry for me. I check email enough as it is.

Peace,
Brian

James said...

No choice. Work saddled me with it.

If I ever get to pursue my dream career of being a ditch digger, I will never own even another cell phone!

Brian said...

I sometimes want to drive a bread truck. All alone, making deliveries, then I'm off work till the next shift. No calls, no emails, no work other than my 8 hours. No thinking about it when I'm not there.

But...I love so much of what I get to do.